Sweet Action is looking for a Store Manager to be a rock in our ice cream operations at our parlor at our original Broadway store. As a Store Manager, you would be responsible for the successful operation of one of our amazing ice cream parlors. This includes providing excellent customer service, instilling Sweet Action culture in your team, hiring new team members, corrective actions, scheduling, food safety, inventory, regulatory compliance, store efficiency and optimization, P&L responsibility and reporting.
$22.50 – $27.50 hourly (about $45K – $55K annually) depending on experience, health benefits, paid time off and ice cream!
Regional Store Manager
Responsible for the successful operation of one of our amazing ice cream parlors. This includes providing excellent customer service, instilling Sweet Action culture in your team, hiring new Team Members, corrective actions, scheduling, food safety, inventory, regulatory compliance, store efficiency and optimization, P&L responsibility and reporting.
- 18 years old or older
- Prior management / leadership experience
- Open availability, Monday – Sunday, 40+ hours a week including evenings, weekends & holidays
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Leadership of a professional, fun and positive Team Member and customer experience
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, coach, and counsel Team Members
- Manage the team work schedule including addressing call-outs or other scheduling issues raised by Team Members.
- Enforce compliance with safety, sanitation and other regulations or policies outlined by local, state and federal agencies or specified within Sweet Action company policy.
- Performs all Team Member job duties as needed including scooping and other tasks to ensure great customer service
- Control inventory and purchased spend management
- Place purchase orders for supplies, commodities and associated products and support for the purchase or requisition of retail & food service equipment
- Maintain recipes, pricing and portion control; maintain weekly and monthly reports as required
- Communicate with Regional Store Manager to implement improvements or changes, issues and concerns relating to ice cream menu items, service, menus, recipes, policies, operational procedures, facilities and equipment
- Maintain and report to Regional Store Manager; temperature logs, receiving logs and packing lists, inventory control logs, store self-assessment audits and sales data
- Report Team Member issues or customer incidents to Regional Store Manager
Please Note: The above points should not be considered an all-inclusive description of the job or job duties. Team Members in all positions may be asked to perform other duties when needed, during times of co-worker’s absence, or to balance workload(s), retail process and/or retail volume changes.
Our Ideal Candidate Would Be the Following
- Leader who finds it satisfying to help people develop (we define Leader broadly– manager, teacher, camp counselor…)
- Have experience working in the food industry and understand what good service consists of
- A people person through and through who loves working with and serving people of all ages from different walks of life
- A good communicator who is able to clearly, patiently and consistently articulate expectations and feels comfortable having the hard talks
- Emotionally stable and socially comfortable person who can be cool headed and non-defensive in heated situations
- Be punctual, responsible and able to be a great team leader for store staff
- Organized and good at maintaining checklists
- Safe driver with a car who can travel to our different retail locations if need be
- Able to work full time and have flexible availability such that they can work evenings and weekends
- Dependable and self-motivated individual who would feel comfortable working the parlor independently during our slow season
More About Us:
Sweet Action is a cow to cone micro-creamery that brings true handcraft ice cream to Denver. With a full scale ice cream factory, we make ice cream from scratch and home bake our own mix-ins. We have been named Best Ice Cream in Denver by Westword Magazine, Rising Star Artisan by StarChefs and have been featured in Food & Wine and the Travel Channel.