Come Work With Us!
We’re now hiring for all positions! Click the link to apply below.
Location: Uptown/Broadway/WashPark (Denver)
We are looking for both FULL and PART time team members!
A perfect addition to our parlor team would:
- Love interacting with and be fantastic with people
- Understand great customer service and be able to work with a team to consistently provide it
- Have a positive outlook and a can-do mindset
- Have hustle– comfortable with high volume service and good with keeping busy throughout a whole shift, whether it’s serving or cleaning
- Be good at communicating
- Care about food safety and cleanliness
- Food service experience is preferred, but not required
A little about us:
Sweet Action is a cow-to-cone micro-creamery that brings true handcraft ice cream to Denver. With an ice cream factory, we make ice cream from scratch using fresh milk and cream and home bake our own mix-ins. We have been named Best Ice Cream in Denver by Westword Magazine, Rising Star Artisan by StarChefs and have been featured in Food & Wine and the Travel Channel.
Please send a brief resume and references by replying to this ad. No phone calls at this time please.
Location: South Central Denver
Sweet Action is looking for a Warehouse Assistant to support our warehouse operations. Duties will include the following:
- Receive and ship ingredients, products and supplies
- Perform accurate inventory of ingredients, products and supplies
- Organize and rotate inventory according to FIFO and food safety requirements
- Assist with keeping facility clean and compliant with food safety requirements
- Assist with production record keeping
Our ideal candidate would be the following:
- Be organized, detail oriented and consistent
- Able to multi-task
- Great with desk work
- Be punctual and responsible
- Good at following checklists
- Dependable and self-motivated individual who would feel comfortable working the warehouse independently during our slower times
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs of weight and alright with climbing a ladder
- Warehouse and food industry experiences would be a big plus, but not necessary
A little about us:
Sweet Action is a cow-to-cone micro-creamery that brings true handcraft ice cream, ice pops and soda to Denver. With a pasteurizer and ice cream factory, we make ice cream from scratch and home bake our own mix-ins. We have been named Best Ice Cream in Denver by Westword Magazine, Rising Star Artisan by StarChefs and have been featured in Food & Wine Magazine and the Travel Channel.
Send a brief resume and references to email@example.com or by replying to this ad. No phone calls at this time please.
Sweet Action is looking for a Store Manager to be a rock in our ice cream operations at our parlor at our flagship store located at 52 N Broadway. As a Store Manager, you would be responsible for the successful operation of one of our amazing ice cream parlors. This includes providing excellent customer service, instilling Sweet Action culture in your team, hiring new team members, corrective actions, scheduling, food safety, inventory, regulatory compliance, store efficiency and optimization, P&L responsibility and reporting.
- 18 years old or older
- Prior management / leadership experience
- Open availability, Monday – Sunday, 40+ hours a week including evenings, weekends & holidays
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Leadership of a professional, fun and positive team member and customer experience
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, coach, and counsel team members
- Manage the team work schedule including addressing call-outs or other scheduling issues raised by team members.
- Enforce compliance with safety, sanitation and other regulations or policies outlined by local, state and federal agencies or specified within Sweet Action company policy.
- Performs all team member job duties as needed including scooping and other tasks to ensure great customer service
- Control inventory and purchased spend management
- Place purchase orders for supplies, commodities and associated products and support for the purchase or requisition of retail & food service equipment
- Maintain recipes, pricing and portion control; maintain weekly and monthly reports as required
- Communicate with regional store manager and company leadership to implement improvements or changes, issues and concerns relating to ice cream menu items, service, menus, recipes, policies, operational procedures, facilities and equipment
- Maintain and report to regional store manager; temperature logs, receiving logs and packing lists, inventory control logs, store self-assessment audits and sales data
- Report team member issues or customer incidents to regional store manager
Our Ideal Candidate Would Be the Following:
- Leader who finds it satisfying to help people develop (we define Leader broadly– manager, teacher, camp counselor…)
- Have experience working in the food industry and understand what good service consists of
- A people person through and through who loves working with and serving people of all ages from different walks of life
- A good communicator who is able to clearly, patiently and consistently articulate expectations and feels comfortable having the hard talks
- Emotionally stable and socially comfortable person who can be cool headed and non-defensive in heated situations
- Be punctual, responsible and able to be a great team leader for store staff
- Organized and good at maintaining checklists
- Safe driver with a car who can travel to our different retail locations if need be
- Able to work full time and have flexible availability such that they can work evenings and weekends
- Dependable and self-motivated individual who would feel comfortable working the parlor independently during our slow season
The above points should not be considered an all-inclusive description of the job or job duties. Team Members in all positions may be asked to perform other duties when needed, during times of co-worker’s absence, or to balance workload(s), retail process and/or retail volume changes.
More About Us:
Sweet Action is a cow to cone micro-creamery that brings true handcraft ice cream, ice pops and soda to Denver. With a pasteurizer and ice cream factory, we make ice cream from scratch and home bake our own mix-ins. We have been named Best Ice Cream in Denver by Westword Magazine, Rising Star Artisan by StarChefs and have been featured in Food & Wine and the Travel Channel.
PM Pastry Cook / Production Assistant
Sweet Action is looking for a dependable, clean and organized individual to join our ice cream Evening (3PM on) Production Team for Full, Part or Seasonal work!
The perfect candidate would be:
- Detailed oriented and capable of following directions
- Clean and organized
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Focused and able to multi-task
- Reliable, punctual and available to work early mornings
- A team player who is also able to work alone
- Experienced and comfortable or willing to learn working with a range of industry standard kitchen equipment as well as high volume production equipment
- Able to use proper food handling skills and follow workplace safety guidelines
- Able to regularly lift 50 pounds of weight
- Available to work after 3pm into the later evening
Previous Ice Cream experience is a plus, but not a requirement!
Sweet Action Ice Cream has a substantial grocery and food service presence in Colorado and beyond and three ice cream parlors in Denver. We make nearly all mix-ins ingredients for our flavors as well as ice cream sandwiches and cakes. As a result, we produce large volumes of not only ice cream, but baked goods as confections as well.
This role requires someone able to work prep shifts and assist our production with a variety of tasks. Professional training preferred, but not necessarily a requirement. It’s important that every candidate understand that this position is a high volume production job that requires efficient daily work, while maintaining the highest standards of safety and cleanliness. We produce hundreds of gallons of ice cream each week as well as various baked items for sale at our stores and at groceries.
A typical shift will include utilizing a variety of equipment for tasks such as utilizing our pint packing equipment to pack hundreds of pints, assemble and bag ice cream sandwiches, breads, brownies, and ice pops, washing dishes, processing ingredients, prepping bases, and other one-off tasks needed. Expect to spend 50% of your time doing repetitive tasks, and the other 50% cleaning! There are daily, rotating weekly and monthly cleaning checklists. We are a volume food producer and require that our kitchens and equipment are kept clean and sanitized at all times.
Please send a resume and references by replying to this ad. No phone calls at this time please.